March 30, 2004

Self-Sabotage

I've come to the realization that I sabotage myself. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? It's true, though.

I tend to set myself up for failure. I'll say that I'll do something, then wait until the last minute before deciding to "jump on it." I make excuse after excuse as to why I don't have the time to do it, or can't do it. The truth is I just procrastinate.

I have set myself up so many times that I don't care to remember. Why do I do this to myself? I don't even give my own self a chance at winning, but I expect someone else to? Nope. Not gonna happen that way.

Now that I've come to this stark realization, I must do something about it. My mantra this year is ACTION CONQUERS FEAR. I've been shouting it from the roof-tops, but didn't apply that to my own life I suppose.

March is almost over. April is peeking her head around the corner at me. She's calling to me, "Are you ready? What will you accomplish this month? Make plans! Set yourself goals. Kick it into high gear, Hope. You CAN do it!"

I think I'll listen to her. I'll spread my wings and take my first flight. Sure, I might fall. But I'll never know if at first I don't try.